Backing up. I met Lisa White several years ago when she designed my website. If you haven’t been to my site
We found that we both had a love of old rustic things (especially pallet wood)…and with my (Lisa) marketing creativity and Daniel’s awesome ideas and building skills…Yonder Years was born.
We love searching high and low for perfectly weathered pallet wood and rusty old vintage finds. It is what we use as our canvas for everything you see, which is thought up and crafted in our home-based shop.
Please excuse the ping pong balls…cords…messy cushions…etc. This is our downstairs family room…aka kids domain and workout area. Need I say more?
- It’s not ugly. It could be skinnier. It could be cooler. I could design something more me to slip it into. But…in the meantime, other than sometimes feeling like I’m under house arrest, it somewhat blends. Add bangles and no one will even notice. Really. They don’t.
- It works. It tracks my steps. It tracks my mileage during exercise. It tracks my fitness level. It even tracks my sleep. Now THAT was eye opening. No pun intended. But I am NOT a good sleeper.
- It’s motivating. I want her to call me an “overachiever”. I have to reach my step goal of 10,000 steps a day. I want to see my fitness level high. She’s like a having a personal trainer, without having to go to the gym and feeling like an idiot.
- It’s easy to use. Basically it was a plug and play. Pretty much a no brainer. It charges via USB – and I’ve only had to charge mine twice. Once every 5-6 days. And the little tracking device USB plugs right into your computer. It tracks on your desktop/laptop and through an app on your phone.
- It has a built in alarm. Set the alarm for whatever time. Tell it what days you want it to go off. And your wrist buzzes. No more annoying, stupid alarm clock! And trust me…you WILL feel it, and it will wake you up. It keeps buzzing on your wrist until you tap tap tap. Just don’t lay back down.
- You get badges. It’s like stickers when you’re little. Except I still like stickers…which is probably why I like badges. Badges like “overachiever”, or “25 miles”, or “15,000 steps”. Badges are FUN!
- I hate wearing jewelry. Yup, my secret is out. And I never wear ANY at home. So this is a stretch for me to wear something 24/7. Not to mention the wearing to bed thing. Also, something to get used to. However, if you don’t want to track your sleep…don’t wear it. Problem solved.
- I can’t work in it. Every time I hammer it goes into sleep mode. They really should have had that in the warning label. Something like “detrimental to working goldsmiths”. But whatever.
- It buzzes when you reach your goal. This shouldn’t be a problem. But it scares me EVERY time.
- It’s hard to hit 10,000 steps a day! That’s a wimpy “I don’t like”, but it is!
- I have a tough time putting the little FitBit component back into the wrist thingy. I’m sure this is just a me problem. But it takes me about 5 minutes. I think I’ll put a sharpie dot on it to make it easier on moi!
You just have to get used to the lights and buttons and what they mean. It’s so not complicated!
The FitBit flex is truly one of my favorite things. No one told me to say that. I bought my own. And I have nothing to give away. This is just me…telling you…about something I think is pretty sweet.
Click here to go to Jessica’s site for the recipe – her photos are amazing and her recipe is printable. Lazy blogging today. Lisa wins.
- Jessica recommends using chicken thighs. Do it. She’s right. They were perfect.
- I made the chicken the night before. Smokey flavor enhanced. #winning.
- I laid off on the jalepenos a little bit. We like spice…well some of us do…some of THEM do not. I was nice.
- Don’t skip the goat cheese because it seems different. I LOVE goat cheese and it adds such a unique flavor! You MUST try it if it’s new to you. Delish!
Go to Jessica’s site. Add it as a favorite. Subscribe. All those good things. You won’t be disappointed. Pinky swear.
There has to be a perfect muffin…right? And honestly? I’m good in the kitchen. I love to cook and bake and experiment and play. But there are two things I struggle with. Pie crust. Not even going there. And my desire to make a muffin as beautiful as you can buy in a bakery. Muffin envy. They NEVER look like that. And the texture is never the same. And I get frustrated. And then I probably get a bit testy. Ok, back to the blueberry.